Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Out of the box FlatPress provides captcha protection to comments via Accessible Antispam.
In an effort to give something back to the community and hopefully help with the digitization of books I have developed reCaptcha for FlatPress.
To use the plugin follow these steps.
- Register with reCAPTCHA to obtain the public and private keys required for the service
- Download reCaptcha for FlatPress
- Extract the contents of reCaptcha for Flatpress to a suitable folder (e.g. recaptcha) under fp-plugins
- In the Administration area enable the reCaptcha for FlatPress plugin
- Go the the reCaptcha configuration screen and enter the public and private keys obtained earlier.
- Finally, if you have Accessible Antispam enabled then disable it
Version 1.1 of the plugin now makes the four standard reCAPTCHA themes and eight languages (English, Dutch, French, German, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Turkish) available.
Additional languages, or overrides of the text displayed by reCAPTCHA are also supported - as described on the page announcing version 1.1 of the plugin.
Support for Italian has been added to the plugin using this mechanism (with thanks to Roberto Rossi).